Lori’s Country Cottage in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada was chosen from 3000 eligible shops, as a Better Homes and Garden Quilt Sampler Top Ten Quilt Shop. They will be featured in the Spring Issue of Quilt Sampler Magazine. They were photographed and interviewed by a team from Quilt Sampler. A multi-page profile of the shop will appear in the issue which will be available in May.
Local creative forces Lori Bosecke (Lori’s Country Cottage Shop Owner) and Lidia Froehler (Pattern Maker and Owner of Cotton Treasure Design) worked together to fashion a beautiful quilt for the magazine called “Northern View”. The quilt is made with Northcott’s “La Belle” collection. The quilt embodies the sights, sounds, scents and nostalgia of Alberta. It’s reminiscent of a Northern sky glittering with stars, always a wonderful sight on clear, cool nights. In Alberta when summer comes, sweet-scented wild roses are in full bloom. And in the fall, maple trees provide a deep golden glow and each night they enjoy the presence of the familiar North Star. A full sized pattern for the quilt will be featured in the Spring Quilt Sampler magazine.
Lori’s Quilt Shop has a motto- “Cultivating Creativity, and add a dash of Inspiration and Friendship”. They work hard to provide their customers with the “latest and greatest” trends by attending trade shows, surfing the internet & reading magazines on a regular basis. They also work hard to provide fun classes, friendly and knowledgeable staff, samples, kits and a wide selection of fabrics that their customers will want.
On February 21st, 2012, Lori’s hosted an event for her customers called “Celebrate You” where customers were encouraged to bring in their quilt projects to show and share. She also announced the magazine feature and thanked her customers for their ongoing support and friendship.
Click Download PDF at the bottom to view the Northern View quilt and pictures from the Celebrate You event.
Click here to visit Lori’s Country Cottage website where you can buy kits for the Northern View quilt in both the small 72 x 72 and the large 92 x 92 sizes.
To view the “La Belle” Collection or other Northcott fabrics follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the “Fabric” Tab on top navigation bar
2. From the drop down menu choose “Current Collections” to find “La Belle”
3. Once the collections appear, click on the one you would like to view
4. Once the collection you are interested in appears before you, go to the top right corner of the page to “Find these fabrics:” and use the drop down menu to select a State or Province
5. The Fabric Locator will appear with a spreadsheet of what stores in your area carry fabrics from that collection
6. Scroll over the store’s name and the address and phone number will appear
7. For a list of retailers that sell these fabrics online click the “Online Retailers” button at bottom of the page. If the button does not appear then there are no online retailers that carry that line.