The first feature is called “All A Twitter” and can be found on page 16 of McCall’s June/July issue of Quick Quilts. Michele Scott of The Pieceful Quilter used her bright and fun Emma collection in the Pink-A-Doodle colorway to create this quilt. Michele’s mother Elinore Locke helped her piece the top layer. Quilting runs in the family and they both enjoy mother-daughter projects.
This quilt features applique flowers and there is a handy video on McCall’s web site to show you how to secure them in place. Click here to see it. To purchase the kit for this project through The Pieceful Quilter visit their web site www.piecefulquilter.com
The second feature on page 57 is called “Hey Sport” and it was a mother-daughter-husband project! Designed and machine quilted by Michele, her husband Tom traced, fused and cut out all the applique and her mother did the piecing. This gridiron classic is made with Northcott’s Freckles collection. Freckles boasts 91 colour options with freckled pattern to add depth and character to your quilt.
“Hey Sport” makes a wonderful gift for football fans. You can customize the quilt by using the alphabet template that Quick Quilts provides online. Click here to get the letters.
Click “Download PDF” to view the quilts.
Pick up the June/July edition of Easy Quilts on newsstands in May to see the full articles with instructions on how to make these quilts.
To find a local store near you that carries the “Emma” or “Freckles” Collection follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the “Fabric” Tab on top navigation bar
2. From the drop down menu choose “Current Collections” to find “Emma” or “Freckles”
3. Once the collections appear, click on the one you would like to view
4. Once the collection you are interested in appears before you, go to the top right corner of the page to “Find these fabrics:” and use the drop down menu to select a State or Province
5. The Fabric Locator will appear with a spreadsheet of what stores in your area carry fabrics from that collection
6. Scroll over the store’s name and the address and phone number will appear
7. For a list of retailers that sell these fabrics online click the “Online Retailers” button at bottom of the page. If the button does not appear then there are no online retailers that carry that line.